Saturday 13 August 2011

Stubborn - or maybe not!

Last week at training, at one point I asked Molly to sit and she ignored me, even to the extent that she looked away and did her best to avoid looking at me.  After another couple of asks and moving her off the spot to ask again she did eventually sit and I did not think much more of it.  Until this week at exactly the same point in the class and the penny dropped – not bright these humans sometimes!!

We were about to do a recall so I had taken her lead off and was asking her to sit at my side.  She has no objection to the recall part of this exercise but dislikes me moving away from her a great deal so was obviously using her brain and realising that the only time I took her lead off and asked her to sit was when I was about to move away from her.  Not sitting was as good a way as any of voicing her protest – as was her lovely heelwork when I then tried to walk away from her.

Next week our good citizen bronze test with a one minute stay – hmmmm – I have a feeling we may not pass!!

On a brighter note at agility we were actually promoted into a group who show "potential" - I suspect in our case that may well be potential to create mayhem and chaos - but as long as we have a good time sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment