Saturday 31 December 2011

A Christmas poem - by Molly

After our recent seasonal visits and all the chaos Molly decided to put paw to paper to give her thoughts:

Misunderstood

I love to go out visiting, I'm really very sweet,
My coat is brushed, my collars clean, so I'm all nice and neat.
And as for my behaviour, it's really very good,
And if it's not, it's not my fault, I'm just misunderstood.

I'd never seen an indoor tree with lights on it before,
I only thought the balls might look better on the floor,
And sparkly bottles are such fun when pushed over and rolled,
With humans moving very fast when I pick them up to hold.

If they put things on a table, and then don't let me see,
Who wouldn't pull on the cloth to make them nearer me?
And who would keep food scraps in a bin upon the floor,
If they did not want me to keep dipping in for more.

So now when we go visiting lots of people are not in,
Seems very odd, mum says they are really just hidin'
Mum says it's all my fault, and I must learn to be more good,
And I tell her I am angelic, and I'm just misunderstood!

by Molly - aged 2 and a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment