Sunday 26 June 2011

I can swim


Today we had a lovely outing to a local country park with a good friend.
It is the first time we have been somewhere so exciting but I am getting more confident in Molly coming back when she is called so decided to let her off lead.  I can honestly say she was fantastic, did not go far away, came back when I called her, said hello nicely to the other dogs we met, then she went round a corner a little ahead of us and I heard a splash.
She had found some ducks in the water and as it was a shallow bit gone in after them, she soon found herself out of her depth and had a brief panic with front legs going frantically.  She is a quick learner though and the lure of the ducks was enough for her to try again before I could get her back and she found she could actually swim quite well after all.  The ducks were not at all bothered and thankfully after what seemed liked an eternity but was only a few minutes she came back.
For some reason after that I decided she had better stay on the lead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment