Thursday 30 June 2011

Great recall or ..... maybe not!

Tuesday night and the park was pretty busy but I wanted to give Molly a quick run before her obedience class to stand some chance of keeping her feet on the ground.
We managed the first bit of the walk with her recalling nicely and paying attention when I asked her too.  Then I saw a young chap with a GSD on lead and he seemed to be trying to avoid everyone (in the packed park) so I called Molly back and put her on her lead.  What a good girl I have!!!
Then we got mobbed by a few other small dogs and I let her off to say hello and try to find one to play with - they were all a bit bemused by her speed I think.  Unfortunately brainy Molly then decided that the GSD might be a better bet to play with so off she ran at top speed.  There was no point calling her mid run as no way she would have come so all I could do was wait until she got there and then call her back.
In the meantime a fitness class decided to jog past in a long line.  As far as Molly was concerned when she was coming back it was a straight line, jogging fitness class or not - it was touch and go for a few moments but the class made it past me just before she reached them and most of the joggers had large grins as they were watching her.
After a wander round the wild field on the park I decided we had better go back on the lead to pass the fitness class again - to much excitement is not a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment